Saturday, January 8, 2011

How Embarrassing

Blonde moment #1 for 2011. 

As many of you know, I am a Teaching Assistant for Physical Science 100.  I absolutely LOVE my job.  I get to socialize for pay, help people, and act like I know everything about science.  As a TA, you are the person that EVERYONE wants to be friends with.  Motives?  Doesn't matter to me!  :)  I make about 2,000 new friends each semester!

PS100 TAs 2010
AND our boss throws us a pizza party at the end of each semester.  After every flute jury, I go straight to work for a party! 

Soooo....my embarrassing moment.  Yes, well, I was in the lab yesterday, and a student was chatting with me about time constraints in certain majors.  I went on to explain how the music school, especially if you are in the top performing groups, likes to sometimes volunteer your services--which is completely fine with me, if I have a good amount of notice. 

The BYU Animation program (wonderful program) has been working on a short film for a couple of years now that they plan on submitting to the Academy Awards.  They asked Kory, our director, if the Philharmonic Orchestra could record the soundtrack.  They told him the week before school let out in December.  Well Kory doesn't tell us until a few days before the recording date, which was a little bit of a surprise. 

It was fun, so I got over it.  But as I was discussing this with my student, I hear a timid, "sorry" behind me.  I turn around and there is this guy who looks quite sheepish.  I asked him if he was in the animation program and he said yes.  I felt SO BAD.  I didn't mean to say that it was a bad experience or I didn't enjoy doing it!  I was mainly complaining about how I never have any time, even if I think I do!  I tried to explain this, but I'm sure it sounded like backpedaling.  I'm hopeless!  I totally made a very talented student feel bad for asking the orchestra for a favor.  FAIL!!!

I usually average a blonde moment once every couple of weeks.  This year, it took me a grand total of 8 days to accomplish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment