Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oh There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays...

I have fallen in love with the South, yet again.  It happens every time I come home.  Is it the warm weather that I find irresistible?  Or the charming town folk who know your name even though you've been gone for almost 4 years?  Or is it the close proximity of an amazing family (two sides now) that make you feel loved unconditionally?  The insanely good home cooked food?  Friendlier drivers?  Big, green trees?  The list goes on and on.  Yes, I must admit that my dream would be to move back down to Houston.  Maybe Vidor.  Maybe in between.  I just miss it--ironically, because 4 years ago I swore I would never live here again.  Turns out I'm a country girl at heart, and no matter how flashy the city life may be, I can't ever make that feel like home.  We'll have to see where Matt gets a job.

How exciting!  We graduate in 4 months.  I can't believe my undergraduate degree is almost done!  There is this magical feeling--one that makes you feel like something big is about to happen, but you just don't know what yet.  Kind of like that song on West Side Story that Tony sings, at the very beginning...his first song.  I can't remember what it's called, but it's exactly how I feel.  I'm filled with excitement and enthusiasm.  Sometimes its frustrating, not having a written out 5-year plan.  This will probably be good for me--teach me some patience. 

I am bound and determined to:
  1. Finish Heros before the break is over.
  2. Read ALL the Harry Potter books before the last movie comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Your second goal is EXACTLY my goal! We bought ourselves all seven for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete