Saturday, March 17, 2012

Grocery Store Therapy


I don’t know what it is about grocery stores, but consistently they fill me with such peace. Sometimes I go to grocery stores just to meditate. I feel domestic, in a good way. It brings me back to when I was a young child, and my mom would take me with her to “run on the arronds” and I would examine all of the beautiful colors of the fresh produce, smell the delectable scents from the bakery, and usually get a gumball if I behaved.



Sometimes, when I’m on an aisle where nobody is looking, I’ll run with my cart and ride it for a while. Deep down I know that there are security cameras watching everything I’m doing, but I don’t care. I’m a child again. All of my worries and responsibilities are gone. I get to focus on nothing else besides the delicious meal that I’m about to make.

I don’t know how much fun grocery shopping will be when I have screaming babies hanging on me for dear life. Maybe I’ll bribe them with gumballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment