Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crazy

The only reason why I have time to blog right now is because our Phil rehearsal was canceled due to the Homecoming Spectacular dress rehearsal this evening.  Otherwise I would be in the practice rooms, picking my soul away with the metronome. 

My parents were in town today and yesterday.  We just dropped my brother off at the MTC a couple of hours ago.  I won't say that I wasn't a little emotional, but I'm so proud of the guy.  Out of all of my siblings, Spencer was the one that gave me the most grief growing up.  But over the past couple of years, we have grown to be very close.  He was even able to go to my sealing.  I will miss him.

Here are my activities for the week:

  • Wednesday (today):  class, practicing and dress rehearsal until 9pm, homework, grading.  It never stops!
  • Thursday: wake up, practice, teach lab, class, shopping (I need socks), practicing, homework, practicing, Homecoming Spectacular until 9:30pm, homework, grading.
  • Friday: wake up, practicing, class, practicing, chamber orchestra, practicing, flute choir, practicing, Homecoming Spectacular until 9:30pm, homework, grading.
  • Saturday: Don't get me started.
Do I ever get to go to the gym?!  It's either sleep or gym.  I hate choosing.  I'm feeling a little like I'm burning the candle at both ends.  It's kind of how I live my typical fall semester.  I have Homecoming Spectacular all week this week, Opera for a week and a half (7pm-10pm every night), MTNA, concerto competition (still deciding if I should do that or not), recordings for NFA and graduate schools, not to mention my mountain of homework I am behind on, papers I have to write, and thank-you cards I need to get going on.  I feel as if my life is being lived for me sometimes, and I am just going through the motions.  I don't even have room in my planner to write down everything I need to do for the day.  But I chose this.  I signed up for this.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.  6 more months and I will be graduated.  I can do it!

Endure to the end.  Even when it's hard.

1 comment: